Friday, December 31, 2010

Writing vs. Life

As many of my friends and family know...I am working on writing a novel. My second attempt at such a grueling task and I am hoping and planning to actually finish this one. And like so many of my inspiring thoughts, this one came to me after the lights were turned out at 11 p.m. one night and I was lying in bed, mind racing.
Writing is a lot like Life in three essential ways:
1. You can not do it in any order you map out. No matter how hard you try or believe you can.
2. It is a rather messy process that is mentally quite painful.
3. You must simply learn as you go. There are no prescribed set of instructions.

1 comment:

  1. You have come upon the secret of learning from life as you go. But, more importantly, to learn from mistakes.
    Maaa!!!

    ReplyDelete